What is the immune system and what functions does it perform?
Benefits of avocado – it helps to enhance our immune system! The immune system is a set of cells, tissues, and organs that function together to keep the body safe from bacteria. When bacteria, viruses, or other germs enter the body, they multiply and strike, resulting in an infection. Infections can make you sick by causing diseases. By fighting off invading germs, the immune system keeps you healthy. We can enhance our immune system by taking the right foods that can provide us with all essential nutrients. Avocado is one such fruit that has a lot of benefits.
Note down these critical vitamins & minerals that play an important role in boosting your immune system:
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin C
How can I be sure I’m receiving the nutrients I need to keep my immune system healthy?
It doesn’t matter what you eat or drink, you’ll be happier now and in the future with the right combination of nutrients. Make safe food and beverage options from all five food classes, such as fruits, vegetables, grains, protein foods, and dairy, to get the nutrients you need for proper immune function. Consume varieties of these foods rather than depending on the same kind of foods that supplies a particular nutrient from it. This is a very important step for achieving a healthy body.
“Avocados are a Fruit that is High in Nutrients”
What is the significance of nutrient density for immune system nutrition?
Facts and future benefits of Avocado:
- Avocados’ unsaturated fat can help improve the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins A, D, and E, which can help strengthen your immune system. Avocados are a rare fruit since they naturally contain 6 grammes of this healthy fat per serving.
- Vitamin E is a nutrient that your body requires to keep your immune system strong against viruses and bacteria, and one serving of avocado provides 6% of the Daily Value.
- Avocados are nutritious and high in copper, an important mineral that supports a strong immune system.
- Magnesium promotes a strong immune system. Avocado contains 4% of the Daily Value for magnesium in a single serving.
- Vitamin B6 is responsible for helping the body make antibodies, which are formed by the immune system when it detects dangerous substances such as bacteria and viruses. One avocado serving provides around 6% of the Daily Value for vitamin B6. These are all the amazing benefits of avocado, you must try to have one, at least once a week.
Check out – ‘Strengthen your immunity, eat natural‘